Prince Edward Island Mussels
USE PROMO CODE: LOBSTERTAIL
To Receive 2 FREE Cold Water Lobster Tails on any orders of $179+. Expires December 6th
- SUSTAINABLE:Seafood caught using practices that maintain healthy fish populations and ecosystems, while also ensuring the livelihoods of fishermen and coastal communities
- FRESH:Our seafood is caught once the customer has placed an order, guaranteeing freshness and minimizing waste
- NUTRIENTS:Vitamin B12, Iron, Vitamin C, Phosphorus, Zinc
- SHIPPED OVERNIGHT:To guarantee freshness upon arrival
Ocean to Table
At Maine Lobster House, we only offer the freshest seafood options. Maine Blue Mussels are a premium, sustainably caught seafood delicacy with a tender, sweet meat that is perfect for a variety of dishes. If you're looking for the very best seafood on the market, then you've come to the right place.
Fresh Maine Blue Mussels
Satisfy the crowd at your next dinner party or celebration with the delightful taste of Fresh Maine Blue Mussels. Raised in the cold, clean waters of the North Atlantic, and harvested directly from local fisherman, these are some of the best tasting and freshest mussels you can buy. Perfect in a variety of dishes from appetizers to main courses, these mussels are versatile, delicious, and can be delivered directly to your door in as little as 24 hours.
- -Fresh Maine Blue Mussels are large - making them perfect for an appetizer or a variety of main dishes
- -These mussels boast some of the best flavor and freshness, sourced directly Prince Edward Island
- -Available in 2, 4, or 6 lb. packages shipped directly to your door
Maine Blue Mussels Nutrition Facts
Cooking Fresh Maine Blue Mussels
- 2 pounds live blue mussels
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Rinse the mussels in cold water and discard any that are open or have cracked shells.
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add the white wine to the pot and bring to a simmer.
- Add the mussels to the pot and cover with a lid. Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until the mussels have opened.
- Remove the pot from the heat and discard any mussels that have not opened.
- Stir in the chopped parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the mussels in the pot with some of the cooking liquid and crusty bread for dipping.
Note: Blue mussels can also be cooked in a variety of other ways, such as steaming, grilling, or baking. Be sure to follow the specific recipe instructions for the cooking method you choose. Additionally, you can add other ingredients to the recipe, such as chopped tomatoes, onions, or chorizo, to create a flavorful broth.
Blue Mussels Wine Pairing
Blue mussels have a delicate, briny flavor that pairs well with light and crisp white wines. Pinot Grigio is a light, refreshing white wine that has a citrusy, mineral flavor which complements the briny taste of mussels. Muscadet is dry white wine from the Loire Valley in France, and it is a classic pairing for mussels, with its minerality and bracing acidity.
Packaged with Care
When you place an order with Maine Lobster House, we do everything we can to ensure that your package arrives in excellent condition. All live lobsters are delivered fresh, guaranteed to arrive alive. They are packaged with gel packs in insulated coolers to keep the lobsters cool, and seaweed to keep the moisture in. Each lobster is separated to ensure they don't pile on top of each other, Our other seafood items are vacuum wrapped and flash frozen to lock in the flavor. For more information on shipping, and other Frequently Asked Questions see our FAQ page.
Watch the Video to see how your order is packed, how it will arrive, and how to thaw it properly.
For more information please see the Shipping Details page.