Live Littleneck Clams
USE PROMO CODE: 10SW
To receive 10% off sitewide. Expires March 24th
- SUSTAINABLE:Seafood caught using practices that maintain healthy fish populations and ecosystems, while also ensuring the livelihoods of fishermen and coastal communities
- FRESH:Our seafood is caught once the customer has placed an order, guaranteeing freshness and minimizing waste
- NUTRIENTS:Potassium, Vitamin C, Iron, Vitamin A
- SHIPPED OVERNIGHT:To guarantee freshness upon arrival
Ocean to Table
At Maine Lobster House, we only offer the freshest seafood options. Littleneck clams are a premium seafood delicacy prized for their sweet, briny flavor and tender, succulent meat. If you're looking for the very best seafood on the market, then you've come to the right place.
Savor a New England classic with an order of Live Littleneck Clams delivered to your door. Whether steamed, sautéed, or served raw on the half shell, these clams boast the unparalleled sweet flavor and freshness of north Atlantic seafood. Whether you're feeding your family or a crowd at an upcoming celebration, these delectable clams are sure to be a hit.
- -Live Littleneck clams are perfect for steaming, sautéing, or serving raw on the half-shell
- -Clams are available in 6, 8, 10, or 15 lb. packages and ship directly to your door
Littleneck Clams Nutrition Facts
|Calories from Fat||15|
Steamed Littleneck Clams
- 1. Start by scrubbing the clams thoroughly under cold running water to remove any dirt or debris. Discard any clams that are cracked or don't close when tapped.
- 2. In a large pot, heat a few tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add some minced garlic and sauté for a minute until fragrant.
- 3. Add the clams to the pot, along with a cup or two of white wine, water, or broth. Cover the pot and cook for 5-10 minutes, or until the clams open up.
- 4. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the clams to a serving bowl. Discard any clams that haven't opened.
- 5. Strain the cooking liquid through a fine-mesh sieve to remove any sand or grit, and pour it over the clams.
- 6. Serve the clams hot with some crusty bread on the side for dipping in the broth.
Note: You can also add other ingredients to the pot, such as chopped tomatoes, red pepper flakes, or fresh herbs, to give the broth more flavor.
Littleneck Clams Wine Pairing
Littleneck clams pair well with a range of white wines, including Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Grigio, and Chardonnay. Sauvignon Blanc, with its bright acidity and citrusy notes, is a classic choice for seafood and can complement the briny, salty flavors of the clams.
Pinot Grigio, on the other hand, has a delicate flavor profile with hints of pear, apple, and citrus, and its light body and refreshing acidity make it a great match for steamed clams.
For those who prefer a richer, fuller-bodied white wine, a lightly oaked Chardonnay can complement the creaminess of clam chowder or other creamy clam dishes.
Packaged with Care
When you place an order with Maine Lobster House, we do everything we can to ensure that your package arrives in excellent condition. All live lobsters are delivered fresh, guaranteed to arrive alive. They are packaged with gel packs in insulated coolers to keep the lobsters cool, and seaweed to keep the moisture in. Each lobster is separated to ensure they don't pile on top of each other, Our other seafood items are vacuum wrapped and flash frozen to lock in the flavor. For more information on shipping, and other Frequently Asked Questions see our FAQ page.
Watch the Video to see how your order is packed, how it will arrive, and how to thaw it properly.
For more information please see the Shipping Details page.